Synonyms of approaching
- 1. approach, approaching, movement, motion
- usage: the event of one object coming closer to another
- 2. approach, approaching, coming, timing
- usage: the temporal property of becoming nearer in time; "the approach of winter"
- 3. approach, approaching, coming, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of drawing spatially closer to something; "the hunter's approach scattered the geese"
- 1. approach, near, come on, go up, draw near, draw close, come near, come, come up
- usage: move towards; "We were approaching our destination"; "They are drawing near"; "The enemy army came nearer and nearer"
- 2. border on, approach, approximate, come close
- usage: come near or verge on, resemble, come nearer in quality, or character; "This borders on discrimination!"; "His playing approaches that of Horowitz"
- 3. set about, go about, approach, act, move
- usage: begin to deal with; "approach a task"; "go about a difficult problem"; "approach a new project"
- 4. approach, come near, come, come up
- usage: come near in time; "Winter is approaching"; "approaching old age"
- 5. approach, address, accost, come up to
- usage: make advances to someone, usually with a proposal or suggestion; "I was approached by the President to serve as his adviser in foreign matters"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. approaching, coming(prenominal), forthcoming, upcoming, future (vs. past) (vs. present)
- usage: of the relatively near future; "the approaching election"; "this coming Thursday"; "the forthcoming holidays"; "the upcoming spring fashions"
All rights reserved.