Synonyms of appraising
- 1. measure, evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, value, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of; "I will have the family jewels appraised by a professional"; "access all the factors when taking a risk"
- 2. survey, appraise, analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: consider in a comprehensive way; "He appraised the situation carefully before acting"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. appraising(prenominal), evaluative, critical (vs. uncritical)
- usage: exercising or involving careful evaluations; "looked him over with an appraising eye"; "the literary judge uses many evaluative terms"
All rights reserved.