WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. appointment, assignment, designation, naming, decision, determination, conclusion
- usage: the act of putting a person into a non-elective position; "the appointment had to be approved by the whole committee"
- 2. date, appointment, engagement, meeting, get together
- usage: a meeting arranged in advance; "she asked how to avoid kissing at the end of a date"
- 3. appointment, fitting, furnishing
- usage: (usually plural) furnishings and equipment (especially for a ship or hotel)
- 4. appointee, appointment, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who is appointed to a job or position
- 5. appointment, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: the job to which you are (or hope to be) appointed; "he applied for an appointment in the treasury"
- 6. appointment, disposal, disposition
- usage: (law) the act of disposing of property by virtue of the power of appointment; "she allocated part of the trust to her church by appointment"
All rights reserved.
See also: appointment (Dictionary)