- 1. appellation, denomination, designation, appellative, name
- usage: identifying word or words by which someone or something is called and classified or distinguished from others
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. appellative
- usage: pertaining to or dealing with or used as a common noun
- 2. appellative, naming(prenominal), denotative (vs. connotative), denotive
- usage: inclined to or serving for the giving of names; "the appellative faculty of children"; "the appellative function of some primitive rites"
All rights reserved.
See also: appellative (Dictionary)