WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. apparition, phantom, phantasm, phantasma, fantasm, specter, spectre, spirit, disembodied spirit
- usage: a ghostly appearing figure; "we were unprepared for the apparition that confronted us"
- 2. apparition, appearance
- usage: the appearance of a ghostlike figure; "I was recalled to the present by the apparition of a frightening specter"
- 3. apparition, phantom, phantasm, phantasma, fantasm, shadow, illusion, semblance
- usage: something existing in perception only; "a ghostly apparition at midnight"
- 4. apparition, appearance
- usage: an act of appearing or becoming visible unexpectedly; "natives were amazed at the apparition of this white stranger"
All rights reserved.
See also: apparition (Dictionary)