WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. apology, acknowledgment, acknowledgement
- usage: an expression of regret at having caused trouble for someone; "he wrote a letter of apology to the hostess"
- 2. apology, apologia, defense, defence, vindication
- usage: a formal written defense of something you believe in strongly
- 3. apology, excuse, example, illustration, instance, representative
- usage: a poor example; "it was an apology for a meal"; "a poor excuse for an automobile"
All rights reserved.
See also: apology (Dictionary)