Synonyms of apart
- 1. apart(predicate), isolated, obscure, unconnected (vs. connected)
- usage: remote and separate physically or socially; "existed over the centuries as a world apart"; "preserved because they inhabited a place apart"- W.H.Hudson; "tiny isolated villages remote from centers of civilization"; "an obscure village"
- 2. apart(predicate), separate (vs. joint)
- usage: having characteristics not shared by others; "scientists felt they were a group apart"- Vannever Bush
- 1. apart
- usage: separated or at a distance in place or position or time; "These towns are many miles apart"; "stood with his legs apart"; "born two years apart"
- 2. apart, aside
- usage: not taken into account or excluded from consideration; "these problems apart, the country is doing well"; "all joking aside, I think you're crazy"
- 3. apart
- usage: away from another or others; "they grew apart over the years"; "kept apart from the group out of shyness"; "decided to live apart"
- 4. aside, apart
- usage: placed or kept separate and distinct as for a purpose; "had a feeling of being set apart"; "quality sets it apart"; "a day set aside for relaxing"
- 5. apart
- usage: one from the other; "people can't tell the twins apart"
- 6. apart, asunder
- usage: into parts or pieces; "he took his father's watch apart"; "split apart"; "torn asunder"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of apart (Dictionary)