- 1. antiseptic, medicine, medication, medicament, medicinal drug
- usage: a substance that destroys micro-organisms that carry disease without harming body tissues
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. antiseptic (vs. septic), aseptic, sterile, bactericidal, disinfectant, germicidal, cleansing, purifying, nonpurulent, uninfected, clean, clean, germfree, healthful
- usage: thoroughly clean and free of or destructive to disease-causing organisms; "doctors in antiseptic green coats"; "the antiseptic effect of alcohol"; "it is said that marjoram has antiseptic qualities"
- 2. antiseptic, incorrupt (vs. corrupt)
- usage: clean and honest; "antiseptic financial practices"
- 3. antiseptic, purifying (vs. adulterating)
- usage: freeing from error or corruption; "the antiseptic effect of sturdy criticism"
- 4. antiseptic, clean (vs. dirty), unobjectionable
- usage: devoid of objectionable language; "lyrics as antiseptic as Sunday School"
All rights reserved.
See also: antiseptic (Dictionary)