WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. anticipation, expectancy, expectation
- usage: an expectation
- 2. anticipation, expectancy, expectation, outlook, prospect
- usage: something expected (as on the basis of a norm); "each of them had their own anticipations"; "an indicator of expectancy in development"
- 3. prediction, anticipation, prevision, reasoning, logical thinking, abstract thought
- usage: the act of predicting (as by reasoning about the future)
- 4. anticipation, expectation, hopefulness
- usage: anticipating with confidence of fulfillment
All rights reserved.
See also: anticipation (Dictionary)