WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. antagonistic, counter, negative (vs. neutral) (vs. positive)
- usage: indicating opposition or resistance
- 2. antagonistic, antipathetic, antipathetical, hostile (vs. amicable)
- usage: characterized by antagonism or antipathy; "slaves antagonistic to their masters"; "antipathetic factions within the party"
- 3. antagonistic (vs. conciliatory), alienating
- usage: arousing animosity or hostility; "his antagonistic brusqueness"; "Europe was antagonistic to the Unites States"
- 4. antagonistic (vs. synergistic), incompatible, antacid, antiphlogistic
- usage: used especially of drugs or muscles that counteract or neutralize each other's effect
- 5. antagonistic, incompatible (vs. compatible)
- usage: incapable of harmonious association
All rights reserved.
See also: antagonistic (Dictionary)