WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. irritation, annoyance, vexation, botheration, psychological state, psychological condition, mental state, mental condition
- usage: the psychological state of being irritated or annoyed
- 2. annoyance, chafe, vexation, anger, choler, ire
- usage: anger produced by some annoying irritation
- 3. aggravator, annoyance, unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- usage: an unpleasant person who is annoying or exasperating
- 4. annoyance, bother, botheration, pain, infliction, pain in the neck, pain in the ass, negative stimulus
- usage: something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness; "washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer"; "a bit of a bother"; "he's not a friend, he's an infliction"
- 5. annoyance, annoying, irritation, vexation, mistreatment
- usage: the act of troubling or annoying someone
All rights reserved.
See also: annoyance (Dictionary)