Synonyms of annihilating
- 1. eliminate, annihilate, extinguish, eradicate, wipe out, decimate, carry off, kill
- usage: kill in large numbers; "the plague wiped out an entire population"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. annihilative, annihilating, devastating, withering, destructive (vs. constructive)
- usage: wreaking or capable of wreaking complete destruction; "possessing annihilative power"; "a devastating hurricane"; "the guns opened a withering fire"
- 2. annihilating, devastating, withering, disrespectful (vs. respectful)
- usage: making light of; "afire with annihilating invective"; "a devastating portrait of human folly"; "to compliments inflated I've a withering reply"- W.S.Gilbert
All rights reserved.