- 1. anguish, suffer
- usage: suffer great pains or distress
- 2. pain, anguish, hurt, upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
- usage: cause emotional anguish or make miserable; "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. anguished, tormented, tortured, sorrowful (vs. joyful)
- usage: experiencing intense pain especially mental pain; "an anguished conscience"; "a small tormented schoolboy"; "a tortured witness to another's humiliation"
All rights reserved.
See also: anguished (Dictionary)