- 1. anguish, torment, torture, distress, hurt, suffering
- usage: extreme mental distress
- 2. anguish, distress
- usage: extreme distress of body or mind
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. anguish, suffer
- usage: suffer great pains or distress
- 2. pain, anguish, hurt, upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
- usage: cause emotional anguish or make miserable; "It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
All rights reserved.
See also: anguish (Dictionary)