WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. angry (vs. unangry), aggravated, provoked, angered, enraged, furious, infuriated, maddened, black, choleric, irascible, hot under the collar(predicate), huffy, mad, sore, indignant, incensed, outraged, umbrageous, irate, ireful, livid, smoldering, smouldering, wrathful, wroth, wrothful
- usage: feeling or showing anger; "angry at the weather"; "angry customers"; "an angry silence"; "sending angry letters to the papers"
- 2. angry, furious, raging, tempestuous, wild, stormy (vs. calm)
- usage: (of the elements) as if showing violent anger; "angry clouds on the horizon"; "furious winds"; "the raging sea"
- 3. angry, unhealthy (vs. healthy)
- usage: severely inflamed and painful; "an angry sore"
All rights reserved.
See also: angry (Dictionary)