WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Ankara, Turkish capital, capital of Turkey, Angora
- usage: the capital of Turkey; located in west-central Turkey; it was formerly known as Angora and is the home of Angora goats
- 2. Angora, Angora goat, domestic goat, Capra hircus
- usage: a domestic breed of goat raised for its long silky hair which is the true mohair
- 3. Angora, Angora rabbit, rabbit, coney, cony
- usage: domestic breed of rabbit with long white silky hair
- 4. Angora, Angora cat, domestic cat, house cat, Felis domesticus, Felis catus
- usage: a long-haired breed of cat similar to the Persian cat
All rights reserved.
See also: angora (Dictionary)