- 1. anger, choler, ire, emotion
- usage: a strong emotion; a feeling that is oriented toward some real or supposed grievance
- 2. anger, angriness, emotional arousal
- usage: the state of being angry
- 3. wrath, anger, ire, ira, mortal sin, deadly sin
- usage: belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong (personified as one of the deadly sins)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. anger, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: make angry; "The news angered him"
- 2. anger, see red, feel, experience
- usage: become angry; "He angers easily"
All rights reserved.
See also: anger (Dictionary)