WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. anchorage, condition, status
- usage: the condition of being secured to a base; "the plant needs a firm anchorage"; "the mother provides emotional anchorage for the entire family"
- 2. anchorage, fee
- usage: a fee for anchoring
- 3. Anchorage
- usage: a city in south central Alaska; "Anchorage is the largest city in Alaska"
- 4. anchorage, anchorage ground, area, country
- usage: place for vessels to anchor
- 5. anchorage, arrival
- usage: the act of anchoring
All rights reserved.
See also: anchorage (Dictionary)