WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. anamorphosis, anamorphism, evolution, organic evolution, phylogeny, phylogenesis
- usage: the evolution of one type of organism from another by a long series of gradual changes
- 2. anamorphism, metamorphism
- usage: metamorphism that occurs deep under the earth's surface; changes simple minerals into complex minerals
- 3. anamorphosis, anamorphism, copy
- usage: a distorted projection or perspective; especially an image distorted in such a way that it becomes visible only when viewed in a special manner
All rights reserved.
See also: anamorphism (Dictionary)