WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. analogy, inference, illation
- usage: an inference that if things agree in some respects they probably agree in others
- 2. analogy, comparison, comparing
- usage: drawing a comparison in order to show a similarity in some respect; "the operation of a computer presents and interesting analogy to the working of the brain"; "the models show by analogy how matter is built up"
- 3. doctrine of analogy, analogy, religion, faith, religious belief
- usage: the religious belief that between creature and creator no similarity can be found so great but that the dissimilarity is always greater; any analogy between God and humans will always be inadequate
All rights reserved.
See also: analogy (Dictionary)