- 1. amphibian, amphibious vehicle, motor vehicle, automotive vehicle
- usage: a flat-bottomed motor vehicle that can travel on land or water
- 2. amphibian, amphibious aircraft, airplane, aeroplane, plane
- usage: an airplane designed to take off and land on water
- 3. amphibian, vertebrate, craniate
- usage: cold-blooded vertebrate typically living on land but breeding in water; aquatic larvae undergo metamorphosis into adult form
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. amphibious, amphibian
- usage: relating to or characteristic of animals of the class Amphibia
All rights reserved.
See also: amphibian (Dictionary)