- 1. sum, sum of money, amount, amount of money, assets
- usage: a quantity of money; "he borrowed a large sum"; "the amount he had in cash was insufficient"
- 2. amount, magnitude
- usage: the relative magnitude of something with reference to a criterion; "an adequate amount of food for four people"
- 3. measure, quantity, amount, abstraction, abstract entity
- usage: how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
- 4. sum, amount, total, quantity
- usage: a quantity obtained by the addition of a group of numbers
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. amount
- usage: be tantamount or equivalent to; "Her action amounted to a rebellion"
- 2. total, number, add up, come, amount, be
- usage: add up in number or quantity; "The bills amounted to $2,000"; "The bill came to $2,000"
- 3. come, add up, amount, become, turn
- usage: develop into; "This idea will never amount to anything"; "nothing came of his grandiose plans"
All rights reserved.
See also: amount (Dictionary)