- 1. amiss(predicate), awry(predicate), haywire, wrong(predicate), malfunctioning (vs. functioning), nonfunctional
- usage: not functioning properly; "something is amiss"; "has gone completely haywire"; "something is wrong with the engine"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. awry, amiss
- usage: away from the correct or expected course; "something has gone awry in our plans"; "something went badly amiss in the preparations"
- 2. amiss
- usage: in an improper or mistaken or unfortunate manner; "if you think him guilty you judge amiss"; "he spoke amiss"; "no one took it amiss when she spoke frankly"
- 3. imperfectly, amiss
- usage: in an imperfect or faulty way; "The lobe was imperfectly developed"; "Miss Bennet would not play at all amiss if she practiced more"- Jane Austen
All rights reserved.
See also: amiss (Dictionary)