- 1. damages, amends, indemnity, indemnification, restitution, redress, compensation
- usage: a sum of money paid in compensation for loss or injury
- 2. reparation, amends, expiation, atonement, propitiation
- usage: something done or paid in expiation of a wrong; "how can I make amends"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. amend, revise
- usage: make amendments to; "amend the document"
- 2. better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate, change, alter, modify
- usage: to make better; "The editor improved the manuscript with his changes"
- 3. rectify, remediate, remedy, repair, amend, correct, rectify, right
- usage: set straight or right; "remedy these deficiencies"; "rectify the inequities in salaries"; "repair an oversight"
All rights reserved.
See also: amends (Dictionary)