WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. alum, ammonia alum, ammonium alum, aluminum, aluminium, Al, atomic number 13, double salt
- usage: a white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum: the ammonium double sulfate of aluminum
- 2. alum, potassium alum, potash alum, aluminum, aluminium, Al, atomic number 13, double salt
- usage: a white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum: the potassium double sulfate of aluminum
- 3. alumnus, alumna, alum, graduate, grad, scholar, scholarly person, bookman, student
- usage: a person who has received a degree from a school (high school or college or university)
- 4. alum, astringent, astringent drug, styptic
- usage: a double sulphate of aluminum and potassium that is used as an astringent (among other things)
All rights reserved.
See also: alum (Dictionary)