- 1. alto, singer, vocalist, vocalizer, vocaliser
- usage: a singer whose voice lies in the alto clef
- 2. contralto, alto, singing voice
- usage: the lowest female singing voice
- 3. countertenor, alto, singing voice
- usage: the highest adult male singing voice
- 4. alto, pitch
- usage: (of a musical instrument) the second highest instrument in a family of musical instruments
- 5. alto, pitch
- usage: the pitch range of the lowest female voice
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. alto, contralto, low (vs. high), low-pitched
- usage: of or being the lowest female voice
- 2. countertenor, alto, high (vs. low), high-pitched
- usage: of or being the highest male voice; having a range above that of tenor
- 3. alto, high (vs. low), high-pitched
- usage: (of a musical instrument) second highest member of a group; "alto clarinet or recorder"
All rights reserved.
See also: alto (Dictionary)