WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. altitude, height, elevation
- usage: elevation especially above sea level or above the earth's surface; "the altitude gave her a headache"
- 2. altitude, distance, length
- usage: the perpendicular distance from the base of a geometric figure to the opposite vertex (or side if parallel)
- 3. elevation, EL, altitude, ALT, angular position
- usage: angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
All rights reserved.
See also: altitude (Dictionary)