- 1. option, alternative, choice, decision making, deciding
- usage: one of a number of things from which only one can be chosen; "what option did I have?"; "there no other alternative"; "my only choice is to refuse"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. alternate, alternative, substitute, secondary (vs. primary)
- usage: serving or used in place of another; "an alternative plan"
- 2. alternative, disjunctive (vs. conjunctive)
- usage: necessitating a choice between mutually exclusive possibilities; "alternative possibilities were neutrality or war"
- 3. alternative, unconventional (vs. conventional) (vs. conventional)
- usage: pertaining to unconventional choices; "an alternative life style"
All rights reserved.
See also: alternative (Dictionary)