Synonyms of alternating
- 1. alternate, jump, change, alter, vary
- usage: go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions
- 2. alternate, exchange
- usage: exchange people temporarily to fulfill certain jobs and functions
- 3. understudy, alternate, memorize, memorise, con, learn
- usage: be an understudy or alternate for a role
- 4. interchange, tack, switch, alternate, flip, flip-flop, change by reversal, turn, reverse
- usage: reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
- 5. alternate, take turns, act, move
- usage: do something in turns; "We take turns on the night shift"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. alternating (vs. direct)
- usage: (of a current) reversing direction; "alternating current"
- 2. alternate(prenominal), alternating(prenominal), cyclic (vs. noncyclic), cyclical
- usage: occurring by turns; first one and then the other; "alternating feelings of love and hate"
All rights reserved.