WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. alluvion, geological process, geologic process
- usage: gradual formation of new land, by recession of the sea or deposit of sediment
- 2. flood, inundation, deluge, alluvion, geological phenomenon
- usage: the rising of a body of water and its overflowing onto normally dry land; "plains fertilized by annual inundations"
- 3. alluvial sediment, alluvial deposit, alluvium, alluvion, sediment, deposit
- usage: clay or silt or gravel carried by rushing streams and deposited where the stream slows down
All rights reserved.
See also: alluvion (Dictionary)