- 1. alloy, metal, mixture
- usage: a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten; "brass is an alloy of zinc and copper"
- 2. admixture, alloy, impurity, impureness
- usage: the state of impairing the quality or reducing the value of something
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. debase, alloy, devalue
- usage: lower in value by increasing the base-metal content
- 2. alloy, blend, flux, mix, conflate, commingle, immix, fuse, coalesce, meld, combine, merge
- usage: make an alloy of
All rights reserved.
See also: alloy (Dictionary)