- 1. allowance, share, portion, part, percentage
- usage: an amount allowed or granted (as during a given period); "travel allowance"; "my weekly allowance of two eggs"; "a child's allowance should not be too generous"
- 2. allowance, reimbursement
- usage: a sum granted as reimbursement for expenses
- 3. allowance, adjustment, recompense
- usage: an amount added or deducted on the basis of qualifying circumstances; "an allowance for profit"
- 4. allowance, leeway, margin, tolerance, discrepancy, disagreement, divergence, variance
- usage: a permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits
- 5. valuation reserve, valuation account, allowance, allowance account, reserve account, reserve fund
- usage: a reserve fund created by a charge against profits in order to provide for changes in the value of a company's assets
- 6. allowance, license, permission, permit
- usage: the act of allowing; "He objected to the allowance of smoking in the dining room"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. allowance, allow, grant
- usage: put on a fixed allowance, as of food
All rights reserved.
See also: allowance (Dictionary)