WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. allotment, allocation, share, portion, part, percentage
- usage: a share set aside for a specific purpose
- 2. allotment, apportionment, apportioning, allocation, parceling, parcelling, assignation, distribution
- usage: the act of distributing by allotting or apportioning; distribution according to a plan; "the apportionment of seats in the House of Representatives is based on the relative population of each state"
- 3. allocation, storage allocation, assignment, assigning
- usage: (computer science) the assignment of particular areas of a magnetic disk to particular data or instructions
All rights reserved.
See also: allocation (Dictionary)