- 1. foreigner, alien, noncitizen, outlander, traveler, traveller
- usage: a person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country
- 2. stranger, alien, unknown, intruder, interloper, trespasser
- usage: anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
- 3. extraterrestrial being, extraterrestrial, alien, hypothetical creature
- usage: a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere
- 1. alien, alienate, transfer
- usage: transfer property or ownership; "The will aliened the property to the heirs"
- 2. estrange, alienate, alien, disaffect, change, alter, modify
- usage: arouse hostility or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness; "She alienated her friends when she became fanatically religious"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. alien, foreign, extrinsic (vs. intrinsic)
- usage: not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something; "an economic theory alien to the spirit of capitalism"; "the mysticism so foreign to the French mind and temper"; "jealousy is foreign to her nature"
- 2. alien, exotic, foreign (vs. native), strange
- usage: being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world; "alien customs"; "exotic plants in a greenhouse"; "exotic cuisine"
All rights reserved.
See also: alien (Dictionary)