- 1. Algonquian, Algonquin, Indian, American Indian, Red Indian
- usage: a member of any of the North American Indian groups speaking an Algonquian language and originally living in the subarctic regions of eastern Canada; many Algonquian tribes migrated south into the woodlands from the Mississippi River to the Atlantic coast
- 2. Algonquian, Algonquin, Algonquian language, Amerind, Amerindian language, American-Indian language, American Indian, Indian
- usage: family of North American Indian languages spoken from Labrador to South Carolina and west to the Great Plains
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Algonquian, Algonkian, Algonquin
- usage: of or relating to an Algonquian tribe or its people or language
All rights reserved.
See also: algonquian (Dictionary)