- 1. aid, assistance, help, resource
- usage: a resource; "visual aids in teaching"
- 2. aid, assist, assistance, help, activity
- usage: the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
- 3. aid, economic aid, financial aid, gift
- usage: money to support a worthy person or cause
- 4. care, attention, aid, tending, work
- usage: the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something; "no medical care was required"; "the old car needs constant attention"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. help, assist, aid, support, back up
- usage: give help or assistance; be of service; "Everyone helped out during the earthquake"; "Can you help me carry this table?"; "She never helps around the house"
- 2. help, aid, better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
- usage: improve the condition of; "These pills will help the patient"
All rights reserved.
See also: aid (Dictionary)