WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. agitation, psychological state, psychological condition, mental state, mental condition
- usage: a mental state of extreme emotional disturbance
- 2. agitation, ferment, fermentation, tempestuousness, unrest, turbulence, upheaval, Sturm und Drang
- usage: a state of agitation or turbulent change or development; "the political ferment produced new leadership"; "social unrest"
- 3. agitation, feeling
- usage: the feeling of being agitated; not calm
- 4. agitation, excitement, turmoil, upheaval, hullabaloo, disturbance
- usage: disturbance usually in protest
- 5. agitation, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: the act of agitating something; causing it to move around (usually vigorously)
All rights reserved.
See also: agitation (Dictionary)