WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. agglutination, organic process, biological process
- usage: a clumping of bacteria or red cells when held together by antibodies (agglutinins)
- 2. agglutination, linguistic process
- usage: the building of words from component morphemes that retain their form and meaning in the process of combining
- 3. agglutination, agglutinating activity, chemical process, chemical change, chemical action
- usage: the coalescing of small particles that are suspended in solution; these larger masses are then (usually) precipitated
All rights reserved.
See also: agglutination (Dictionary)