WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. agent, causal agent, cause, causal agency
- usage: an active and efficient cause; capable of producing a certain effect; "their research uncovered new disease agents"
- 2. agent, representative
- usage: a representative who acts on behalf of other persons or organizations
- 3. agent, causal agent, cause, causal agency, substance
- usage: a substance that exerts some force or effect
- 4. agent, factor, broker, businessperson, bourgeois
- usage: a businessman who buys or sells for another in exchange for a commission
- 5. agent, federal agent, official, functionary
- usage: any agent or representative of a federal agency or bureau
- 6. agentive role, agent, semantic role, participant role
- usage: the semantic role of the animate entity that instigates or causes the happening denoted by the verb in the clause
All rights reserved.
See also: agent (Dictionary)