- 1. ripening, aging, ageing, organic process, biological process
- usage: acquiring desirable qualities by being left undisturbed for some time
- 2. aging, ageing, senescence, organic process, biological process
- usage: the organic process of growing older and showing the effects of increasing age
- 1. age, develop
- usage: begin to seem older; get older; "The death of his wife caused him to age fast"
- 2. senesce, age, get on, mature, maturate, develop
- usage: grow old or older; "She aged gracefully"; "we age every day--what a depressing thought!"; "Young men senesce"
- 3. age, change, alter, modify
- usage: make older; "The death of his child aged him tremendously"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. aging, ageing, senescent, old (vs. young)
- usage: growing old
All rights reserved.
See also: ageing (Dictionary)