- 1. afghan, blanket, cover
- usage: a blanket knitted or crocheted in strips or squares; sometimes used as a shawl
- 2. Afghan, Afghanistani, Asian, Asiatic
- usage: a native or inhabitant of Afghanistan
- 3. Pashto, Pashtu, Paxto, Afghani, Afghan, Iranian, Iranian language
- usage: an Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan and Pakistan; the official language of Afghanistan
- 4. sheepskin coat, afghan, coat
- usage: a coat made of sheepskin
- 5. Afghan hound, Afghan, hound, hound dog
- usage: tall graceful breed of hound with a long silky coat; native to the Near East
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Afghani, Afghan, Afghanistani
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of Afghanistan or its people
All rights reserved.
See also: afghan (Dictionary)