WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. afford, spend, expend, drop
- usage: be able to spare or give up; "I can't afford to spend two hours with this person"
- 2. yield, give, afford, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: be the cause or source of; "He gave me a lot of trouble"; "Our meeting afforded much interesting information"
- 3. afford
- usage: have the financial means to do something or buy something; "We can't afford to send our children to college"; "Can you afford this car?"
- 4. afford, open, give
- usage: afford access to; "the door opens to the patio"; "The French doors give onto a terrace"
All rights reserved.
See also: afford (Dictionary)