- 1. affirmative, avowal, avouchment, affirmation
- usage: a reply of affirmation; "he answered in the affirmative"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. affirmative (vs. negative), affirmatory, assentient, favorable#1, favourable, positive
- usage: affirming or giving assent; "an affirmative decision"; "affirmative votes"
- 2. affirmative, optimistic, positive (vs. negative) (vs. neutral)
- usage: expecting the best; "an affirmative outlook"
- 3. approving, affirmative, approbative, approbatory, plausive, favorable (vs. unfavorable), favourable
- usage: expressing or manifesting praise or approval; "approbative criticism"; "an affirmative nod"
All rights reserved.
See also: affirmative (Dictionary)