WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. promotion, furtherance, advancement, encouragement
- usage: encouragement of the progress or growth or acceptance of something
- 2. progress, progression, procession, advance, advancement, forward motion, onward motion, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
- 3. advancement, progress, development
- usage: gradual improvement or growth or development; "advancement of knowledge"; "great progress in the arts"
All rights reserved.
See also: advancement (Dictionary)