- 1. adrift(predicate), afloat(predicate), aimless, directionless, planless, rudderless, undirected, purposeless (vs. purposeful)
- usage: aimlessly drifting
- 2. adrift(predicate), afloat(predicate) (vs. aground)
- usage: afloat on the surface of a body of water; "after the storm the boats were adrift"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adrift
- usage: floating freely; not anchored; "the boat wasset adrift"
- 2. adrift
- usage: off course, wandering aimlessly; "there was a search for beauty that had somehow gone adrift"
All rights reserved.
See also: adrift (Dictionary)