WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adoption, acceptance, acceptation, espousal, blessing, approval, approving
- usage: the act of accepting with approval; favorable reception; "its adoption by society"; "the proposal found wide acceptance"
- 2. adoption, proceeding, legal proceeding, proceedings
- usage: a legal proceeding that creates a parent-child relation between persons not related by blood; the adopted child is entitled to all privileges belonging to a natural child of the adoptive parents (including the right to inherit)
- 3. borrowing, adoption, appropriation
- usage: the appropriation (of ideas or words etc) from another source; "the borrowing of ancient motifs was very apparent"
All rights reserved.
See also: adoption (Dictionary)