WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. warn, discourage, admonish, monish, rede, advise, counsel
- usage: admonish or counsel in terms of someone's behavior; "I warned him not to go too far"; "I warn you against false assumptions"; "She warned him to be quiet"
- 2. caution, admonish, monish, warn
- usage: warn strongly; put on guard
- 3. admonish, reprove, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: take to task; "He admonished the child for his bad behavior"
All rights reserved.
See also: admonish (Dictionary)