- 1. adjunct, inessential, nonessential
- usage: something added to another thing but not an essential part of it
- 2. adjunct, associate
- usage: a person who is an assistant or subordinate to another
- 3. adjunct, construction, grammatical construction, expression
- usage: a construction that can be used to extend the meaning of a word or phrase but is not one of the main constituents of a sentence
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. accessory, adjunct, ancillary, adjuvant, appurtenant, auxiliary, supportive (vs. unsupportive)
- usage: furnishing added support; "an ancillary pump"; "an adjuvant discipline to forms of mysticism"; "The mind and emotions are auxiliary to each other"
- 2. adjunct, assistant, subordinate (vs. dominant), low-level
- usage: of or relating to a person who is subordinate to another
All rights reserved.
See also: adjunct (Dictionary)