WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. border, adjoin, edge, abut, march, butt, butt against, butt on, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
- 2. touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: be in direct physical contact with; make contact; "The two buildings touch"; "Their hands touched"; "The wire must not contact the metal cover"; "The surfaces contact at this point"
- 3. adjoin, add
- usage: attach or add; "I adjoin a copy of your my lawyer's letter"
All rights reserved.
See also: adjoin (Dictionary)