WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adhesion, pathology
- usage: abnormal union of bodily tissues; most common in the abdomen
- 2. adhesion, scar tissue
- usage: a fibrous band of scar tissue that binds together normally separate anatomical structures
- 3. adhesiveness, adhesion, adherence, bond, stickiness
- usage: the property of sticking together (as of glue and wood) or the joining of surfaces of different composition; "the mutual adhesiveness of cells"; "a heated hydraulic press was required for adhesion"
- 4. attachment, adherence, adhesion, support
- usage: faithful support for a cause or political party or religion; "attachment to a formal agenda"; "adherence to a fat-free diet"; "the adhesion of Seville was decisive"
All rights reserved.
See also: adhesion (Dictionary)